The project targets tourism SMEs in the European Capitals of Culture and supports them to:
- Develop a data-driven approach beyond the right website, tool or application, helping them grasp the importance of making data and analytics part of the tourism business strategies, offers and products, of their organizational processes and culture, if they want to be competitive, sustainable and attractive;
- Build the link between tourism destinations and tourism SMEs; the project focus on European Capitals of Culture and stretches the year event over a long- lasting period – from about ten years before the bid to a very long legacy – and actively involves tourism SMEs in the co-creation of the event, so as to spur sustainable tourism and sustainable development;
- Create a multidisciplinary business approach that leverages synergies between tourism, culture, creativity and digital technology;
- Experience a challenging funnel-like support scheme that includes capacity building, mentoring and learning, along with a collaborative creativity-oriented matchmaking, other than opportunities for financial support;
- Immerse themselves into a fun, evidence-based assessment process that combines communication, impact evaluation and self-assessment.
Are you an SME in the tourism or cultural and creative sector or a data expert, and would you like to collaborate with like-minded peers? Check out our website for different calls for collaboration and financial support!